Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Who is John Galt?

If you recognize that famous first line then you have probably read what is probably my favorite book of all time Atlas Shrugged. If you have not, then I highly suggest that you do. Published more than 50 years ago, much of what this book represents still rings true today, as evidenced by a recent wall street journal article.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123146363567166677.html
I have been trying to "push" this book on to most everyone I know, and the few that have managed to "trudge" through the 1168 pages are grateful for it. I have actually read it twice (although I must admit I glazed over "The Speech" the second time around), and I highly suggest reading it before the movie comes out (rumored to have Angelina Jolie, Russell Crowe, and Brad Pitt), because no matter how good the movie is I doubt it can ever do the book justice (The DaVinci Code, anyone?)

1 comment:

  1. Interesting! Yes, Atlas Shrugged is a terrific book. If you like her, you will probably enjoy Nathaniel Branden's book MY YEARS WITH AYN RAND, especially the description of his relationship with her. It's fascinating and quite an exposé.

    ReplyDelete